Job Title: Assistant Manager
Location: Malmesbury Lawn Day Care Centre
Hours: 34.5 hours per week
Monday - Thursday 0850 - 1610 including 20 minutes unpaid break
Friday 0850 - 1540 including a 20 minute unpaid break
Salary:£9.09 per hour
We are looking for someone to join the team at Malmesbury Lawn Day Care Centre on a part time basis. Assisting the Day Care Centre Manager in maintaining the smooth and effective running of the Centre for physically or mentally frail older Service Users and deputise for the Manager in their absence.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To prepare and manage a stimulating activity programme, in conjunction with other staff, for both the group and person centred approaches.
- Build relationships with Service Users.
- To assist the Manager in all aspects of operational and staff Management
- To ensure Service Users receive suitable care, meals and refreshments.
- To assist with marketing the centre places locally, attending groups and giving talks.
- To ensure that additional services within the centre are utilised and advertised locally.
- To support the setting up of additional services as directed by the Manager and/or Area Manager.
- To assist the Centre Manager to ensure the needs of those attending the Centre are met, such as attending to personal needs of Service Users (including those in wheelchairs), administering emergency first aid, personal care/help with toileting where required with particular attention to those Service Users who may be incontinent, plus all other aspects of the contractual service specifications.
- To undergo training to be able to support service users with medication.
- Post holders are expected to be competent to work with both physically and mentally frail people as and when required by the Centre Manager.
- To assist with planning, monitoring and review of care plans in accordance with Age Concern Hampshire policies and contractual specifications, including liaison with colleagues in other agencies as required.
- To provide cover for Passenger Assistant role if required, helping in the transport of Service Users from their homes to the Day Care Centre and returning them in the afternoon (overtime paid).
- To ensure that the Age Concern Hampshire database is kept up to day on a daily basis.
To be successful in this role you will have: Previous experience of working with or caring for older people An understanding of or willingness to learn, the support needs of those living with dementia A caring, compassionate and person centred approach Excellent communication skills An understanding of the importance of being reliable, hardworking and honest Experience of working as part of a team and be able to support other team members A flexible approach to working hours, with notice A willingness to undergo an enhanced DSB check
In addition to the personal satisfaction you will gain from making a real difference to the lives of older people and working as part of a friendly team, we will provide you with the following benefits: All the training and support required to succeed in this role and for your continual personal development Training is provided free of charge and time is paid Free DBS check Minimum of 29 days holiday including bank holidays (based on working full-time) Enhanced annual leave after five years to reward long service and dedication Contributory Pension scheme Free parking (subject to availability)