Job Title: Events and Community Fundraiser
Location: Lockswood Day Care Centre, Locks Heath, SO31 6DX (flexible)
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £23,000 to £25,000 per annum, depending on experience
We are seeking to recruit an Events and Community Fundraiser.
Main Purpose of the Role:
To oversee the fundraising activity for Age Concern Hampshire (ACH) so that the organisation can flourish and support delivery of its services in meeting the increasing needs of an ageing population.
The Community Fundraiser will support the organisation to deliver its fundraising ambitions and be an ambassador within local communities.
The post holder will help develop income from individuals and organisations through community fundraising events and partnerships across Hampshire and be responsible for recruiting and managing community fundraising volunteers.
To deliver key fundraising events, responsible for the project management and delivery of a comprehensive programme of new events in order to take our internal fundraising to a new level.
Duties and key responsibilities
- Identifying sources of funding that meet the needs of the charity
- Producing compelling grant funding applications that result in new funding streams
- Supporting Day Care Centres and other services involved with community fundraising.
- Working with established community groups eg: clubs, churches, schools, and other groups to raise the profile of the ACH, increase income and gain further support
- Create and maintain strong relationships with our supporters to maximise income and other support e.g. gifts in kind, volunteer time, legacies etc.
- Promote and keep track of income via Just Giving etc and thank our fundraisers in a timely manner.
- To be the first contact for social media for the organisation and to raise the profile of community fundraising and opportunities to fundraise via social media.
- Ensure the relevant pages of the website and social media are up to date and relevant to promote opportunities to raise income to new and existing fundraisers.
- Develop processes necessary for recording the outcomes of fundraising.
- Ensure accurate records of all interaction with the community and key stakeholders are kept up to date
- Identify local corporate relationships to develop new and imaginative fundraising opportunities.
- Help to secure sponsorship of events from local businesses.
- Produce promotional material, application forms and mail-shots, using direct mailing to reach a wide range of current and potential supporters.
- Undertake promotional activities at suitable venues and events.
- Organise and manage volunteers to assist at events
- Attend events, cheque presentations etc, when required in the evenings and weekends
- Develop acknowledgement processes to show appropriate recognition for event participation.
- Undertake risk assessments on events ensuring the charity is Health and Safety compliant.
- Act as an ambassador for the organisation, protecting its good name and reputation at all times.
- Undertake other Fundraising related duties as required.
If you are interested in this role and would like more information, please call the HR Team on 01962 892457 or email Recruitment@ageconcernhampshire.org.uk for an application pack.
All job offers are subject to evidence of Right to Work in the UK, an enhanced DBS disclosure and satisfactory references.