Job Title: Information Services & Fundraising Coordinator
Hours: 16 hours per week, Monday to Thursday from 9.30am to 1.30pm
Main purpose and scope of the role:
We are seeking an experienced Information Services to coordinate the Information and Footcare Services at our Andover office. This will include the supervision and recruitment of volunteers and general office management. The successful post holder will also be required to engage with the local community to promote the services offered by Age Concern Hampshire and secure funding and organise viable community based activities.
INFORMATION SERVICES COORDINATOR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To supervise the day-to-day operation and effective delivery of the Information and Footcare services
- To ensure the quality of the information given to clients by the Information Services team complies with ACH standards and policies and adheres to the principle of good customer care.
- To ensure that clear, accurate and comprehensive records of enquiries received and how they were resolved are maintained in the database and in accordance with Data Protection legislation.
- To assist in providing information to clients either face-to-face or by telephone as and when required.
- To keep informed of developments in benefits, rights and other issues relating to older people including attendance at training and events and ensure this knowledge is communicated to the Information Service team.
Management of Volunteers
- To supervise, train, and support the team of Information Services and Footcare volunteers in line with relevant policies to ensure the efficient and effective operation of both services
- To proactively recruit volunteers to ensure the service can be covered at all times and especially during periods of absence
Promotion of ACH services and increase Funding opportunities
- Engage with the local community to promote our services and seek sources of funding to ensure the Information Service can be continued in the future.
- Use social media, local press and ACH website to increase the awareness of ACH services and generate further funding
- Develop solid relationships with local organisations to create new and imaginative fundraising opportunities and partnership
- Work alongside the Events and Community Fundraiser to identify other sources of fundraising events and ideas
- Create and maintain strong relationships with our local supporters to maximise income and support
Community based activities
- Research the viability of any community based activities to engage local older people, such as lunch clubs, exercise classes, social events, learning opportunities
- Co-ordinate the setup of any viable activities, ensuring that all required resources (for example, volunteers and funds) are in place and all regulations (health and safety, safeguarding etc) have been fully considered.
- Continuously monitor the viability of any activities that have been organised and assess any other potential opportunities.
INFORMATION SERVICES COORDINATOR REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to promote services and events
- Experience of supervising and recruiting employees and volunteers
- Experience of giving information and/or advice either face-to-face or by telephone
- Fundraising experience
- Experience of organising events and social activities
- Ability to build strong relationships within the local community and/or corporations
- Knowledge of benefits, allowances and the rights of older people would be and advantage
- Understanding of Data Protection principles
- Understanding of safeguarding regulations for vulnerable people
- Understanding of Health and Safety Legislations
- IT literate with sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Explorer