Location: Rushmoor Day Care Centre
Hours: 8.45am – 10.30am and 3.00pm – 4.45pm Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday
We would welcome applicants who wish to cover the mornings or the afternoons as well as both.
This position is working at Rushmoor Day Care Centre based in Aldershot. We are seeking an individual with a D1 driving licence to drive a minibus enabling our service users to be able to attend the Day Care Centre.
The bus needs to be collected each day from RVS in Farnborough and dropped back at the end of the day.
Your main duties will consist of:
•Collect from its base and drive the minibus to the required location at times agreed with the Day Centre Manager.
• Collect and return service users attending the day care centre and assist them in entering and vacating the minibus. It is essential that the needs of the older person are fully met at this time
• Working with the passenger assistant, ensure the safety of all persons while they are in the minibus.
• Return the minibus to its base at the end of the day
• Perform some basic checks when collecting the bus and ensure it is roadworthy. Liaising with RVS if any issues identified.
• Report any incident or information concerning the health or welfare of Service Users to the Manager or Assistant Manager of the Day Care Centre.
• To undertake any mandatory training – Midas, Manual Handling, Health & Safety, Dementia Awareness.
In addition to the personal satisfaction you will gain from making a real difference to the lives of older people and working as part of a friendly team, we will provide you with the following benefits:
Please call Recruitment 01962 892457 or email Recruitment@ageconcernhampshire.org.uk for an application pack. All job offers are subject to evidence of Right to Work in the UK, an enhanced DBS disclosure and satisfactory references.
Age Concern Hampshire St Georges House St Georges St Winchester Hampshire SO23 8BG