Age Concern Hampshire and Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust are proud to be working in partnership, providing a Health & Wellbeing 'Hospital-to-Home' Service based in Gosport, Petersfield and Alton Community Hospitals.
The Hospital-to-Home Project aims
- To improve the Patients' experience of being in hospital and support their journey through rehabilitation and discharge.
- To provide Social Engagement activities to contribute to the Patients' rehabilitation, health and wellbeing, towards discharge. These include Befriending, Coffee Mornings, Will Therapy Games, Concerts and Health-related Presentations, Exercise classes etc.
- To actively identify issues of Patient concern regarding their discharge and work with the ward team to address issues to make for a 'good' discharge and to prevent re-admission.
- To share with MDT all essential/useful information gleaned via Patient Records to support their stay in hospital and to prepare for a timely discharge.
- To provide information, Signposting and Referral to community support services as required.
- To provide a sense of wellbeing to the Patients whilst in hospital, including podiatry and haircare.
- To make follow-up calls following Patient Discharge home, to ensure continued safety, health and wellbeing, reporting back to the ward staff if there are any concerns.
If would like more information:
Freephone: 0800 328 7154
Gosport project email: Clive.Lubert@ageconcernhampshire.org.uk
Petersfield project email: Julie-Ann.James@ageconcernhampshire.org.uk
Alton project email: Kate.Hatfield@ageconcernhampshire.org.uk
If you’re able to volunteer some of your time to support this service, we would be very pleased to hear from you.
Please download our poster or visit our Volunteer for us page for more information.