Age Concern Hampshire is working in partnership with the NHS to provide a Health & Wellbeing 'Hospital-to-Home' Service based in Andover, Gosport, Petersfield and Alton Community Hospitals.
The Hospital-to-Home Service aims
- To improve the Patients' experience of being in hospital and support their journey through rehabilitation and discharge.
- To provide Social Engagement activities to contribute to the Patients' rehabilitation, health and wellbeing, towards discharge. These include Befriending, Coffee Mornings, Will Therapy Games, Concerts and Health-related Presentations, Exercise classes etc.
- To actively identify issues of Patient concern regarding their discharge and work with the ward team to address issues to make for a 'good' discharge and to prevent re-admission.
- To provide information, Signposting and Referral to community support services as required.
- To make follow-up calls following Patient Discharge home, to ensure continued safety, health and wellbeing, reporting back to the ward staff if there are any concerns.
If you would like more information please call us on 0800 328 7154
or contact one of our individual co-ordinators -
Gosport email: Julie-Ann.James@ageconcernhampshire.org.uk
Alton email: Sarah.Westbrook@ageconcernhampshire.org.uk
Andover email: Di.Swaddling@ageconcernhampshire.org.uk
If you’re able to volunteer some of your time to support this service, we would be very pleased to hear from you.
Please download our poster or visit our Volunteer for us page for more information.