Care & Wellbeing Centre
At our centre in Gosport you will feel right at home in our comfortable and welcoming centre, which is based in the heart of the community, at Gosport Discovery Centre. We have a bright and large lounge/ dining area and you can expect to receive a warm welcome from our friendly and professional staff. We also offer access to a variety of activities at the Discovery Centre.
We have strict COVID compliant processes to ensure the safety of both staff and clients at all times. Our teams have access to PPE and regular testing, as well as the Covid19 vaccination.
As a valued member of our centre you could benefit from:
Our experienced team will be on hand to help if you require day to day support with mobility, personalised care or with mental health and memory loss. Our understanding staff are fully trained to provide you with a high level of care, including specialist dementia care.
You will benefit from interesting and innovative activities, including:
- Gardening Groups: potting and planting whether you’re green fingered or a novice
- Craft Activities: dabble in painting, toy with textiles or try your hand at jewellery making
- Cognitive Stimulation Therapy: a welcoming and lively structured group if you’d like support with memory problems or dementia
- Reminiscence Sessions: take a trip down memory lane in our discussion groups
- Mind and Body: keep moving with daily exercises, music therapy, New Age Kurling, table tennis and more
- Intergenerational: bridging the generation gap through conversation, learning and fun with children and students
We offer full day, half day or hourly support options on a regular or ad hoc basis. We understand the importance of working with and supporting our members’ family and carers. Additional support through respite breaks where day care membership can be increased (booked in advance) as a one off agreement or at regular intervals can be arranged.
Outings and Events
You will have access to free information service including a benefit check.
Arrange a visit
Please contact us to arrange a visit or discuss centre charges. We look forward to seeing you!
Referrals can be made to us directly. Feel free to contact us to find out more today.
Find a centre close to you
Our Care and Wellbeing centres specialise in supporting people who require extra assistance due to their physical or mental health needs. As well as the practical things like support at meal times and stimulating activities, we provide a caring and safe environment where you can make friends and have fun!