Working for Age Concern Hampshire
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our organisation. We are committed to promoting independent living to over-50s; providing day care and wellbeing services, information and advice, to thousands of people each year ensuring that older people, their carers and families achieve the very best quality of life.
We are seeking to recruit a Hospital to Home Co-ordinator to work within Petersfield Community Hospital. The Hospital-to Home Service provides short-term support, to help patients return home after they have been discharged from hospital.
Location: Petersfield Community Hospital
Hours: 30 per week
Salary: £16,540.54 p.a. (£20,400 FTE)
Outline of the role
- To be responsible for co-ordinating and managing the Hospital to Home Service for patients receiving care and rehabilitation
- To work in partnership with various departments in the hospital and Multi-Disciplinary teams.
- To be responsible for recruiting, managing and supporting volunteers to provide social engagement activities for patients
- to work with local community organisations to identify resources and support services for patients who are preparing for discharge home
- To manage post-discharge Patient contact with a view to offering ongoing community support if required.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Working in a person centred manner to support the health and wellbeing of individual people.
- Operate in conjunction with the Ward & multi-disciplinary team (MDT) to co-ordinate volunteers to deliver therapeutic, diversional, recreational activities for patients, consisting of both individual and group sessions.
- Recruit, select, manage and support volunteers in accordance with Age Concern Hampshire policies and procedures.
- Network and form proactive working relationships with the local community and voluntary sector.
- Work autonomously, identifying, reporting and discussing all activities and support with the MDT and Age Concern Hampshire.
- Work with the MDT to support the Patients’ discharge and transfer home with local services.
- Work in accordance with local Health & Safety Regulations, Safeguarding and Information Governance procedures at all times.
- Report to the project steering group and provide Report Data as required to support the management evaluation process.
- Undertake regular supervision, appraisal and training as required by Age Concern Hampshire and also work in line with Southern Health Foundation NHS Trust’s policies.
- Act as an ambassador for the Hospital to Home service, Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust and Age Concern Hampshire, to promote the good work delivered, as well as all services available.
For a full job description and person spec click here
If you have the skills and experience for this role and wish to apply, please download our application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Human Resources Department, Age Concern Hampshire, Lockswood Day Care Centre, Centre Way, Locks Heath SO31 6DX or call 01962 868545 if you have any further questions.
Closing Date: 15 November 2019
Interview Date: to be confirmed
All job offers are subject to evidence of Right to Work in the UK, an enhanced DBS disclosure and satisfactory references.